At First & Central:
First & Central Presbyterian Church in Wilmington, Delaware
- A church without walls that welcomes without limits.
- A church with a progressive message in a traditional setting.
- A diverse, open-minded congregation that strives to address and embrace the challenges of its urban community.
- A church whose spiritual goals are in the continued pursuit of its Trinity of Excellence: Worship & Music, Education and Outreach.
- Located in downtown Wilmington, Delaware across from the Hotel duPont and Rodney Square.
Our Trinity of Excellence:
Worship & Music, Education, and Outreach
Using Christ as our guide, our quest for the Trinity of Excellence— Worship & Music, Education and Outreach — provides us with the faith, strength, and inspiration to reach out to others. We are committed to continual spiritual growth, and an ever-deepening understanding of God’s will for ourselves, our church, and our community service.
Contact our staff with questions, to schedule a tour, or to learn more about our mission, outreach and membership. We encourage you to visit our Welcome Page for valuable information for new or prospective members.
First & Central Presbyterian Church is a diverse, accepting, and open-minded Christian community making a difference to one another and in the city. We are Presbyterian but ecumenical, taking people as they are, celebrating the leadership of all (women, men, and our young people), embracing people of all lifestyles, and growing to meet the challenges of our urban community.
The Mission of First and Central Presbyterian Church is to proclaim the Word of God and the Gospel of Jesus Christ by:
- Ministering enthusiastically and compassionately to individual, congregational and community needs;
- Encouraging spiritual, ecumenical and intellectual growth; and,
- Being responsible stewards in our Church, community, and the world.
Vision of First & Central
At First & Central Presbyterian Church, we continually strive to become a church that:
- Welcomes without limits;
- Supports, affirms and loves all people;
- Uses our resources in service to the community;
- Demonstrates our commitment to compassion and justice;
- Nurtures growth and development of children, youth and adults;
- Provides a sanctuary from life’s trials and tribulations for the renewal of our spirits; and,
- Offers an oasis in the city that emphasizes service and ministry to city dwellers and downtown workers.